The vast and populous state of Karnataka offers numerous engineering colleges of high value all over the country. The top engineering colleges in the state provide academic excellence and practical exposure to the students to enhance their growth opportunities. The capital city, Bengaluru, has numerous students flocking every year from within the state, other states, and even foreign countries. Bengaluru is the central hub of Information Technology in India, and it is the most preferred stream by the engineering students. There are several notable engineering colleges and universities in Karnataka that offer high-quality engineering courses. The aspirants can take admission through JEE Main or qualify for the state level entrance exam with the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
Provided below is a list of top NBA accredited engineering colleges in Karnataka state:
- Manipal Institute of Technology – [MIT], UDUPI-Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) is the first college in India that offers self-financing. The college establishment was in 1957, and it has an affiliation with Karnataka University, Mysore University, Mangalore University, and Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). It offers numerous graduate and postgraduate courses by collaborating with almost 15 international universities. For admission in the college, the students need to qualify the Manipal Entrance Test (MET) for B.Tech course after completing their 10+2 in science stream.
- R V College of Engineering – [RVCE], BANGALORE-RV College of Engineering (RVCE) is a prominent private engineering college in Bangalore established in 1963. Non-profitable Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust does the college handling. It offers exceptional and career-oriented programs like Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), M.Tech, and MCA courses, to the aspiring students. It takes admission through marks acquired in Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) for the engineering programs. The admission in the college is on a merit basis. 45% seats are filled by KCET, COMEDK fills 30% seats and 25% seats are for Management quota, which are all merit-based quota.
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology – [RIT], BANGALORE-Ramaiah Institute of Technology (RIT) is an autonomous private engineering college in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was formerly known as MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT) and was established in 1962. It offers specialisation in the fields like Architecture, Management, Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Biotechnology, etc., at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels. For admission, the students must pass 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Electronics as optional. They have to obtain a minimum of 45% marks and 40% for SC/ST/Cat-1 and OBC candidates. The selection criteria for college includes the scores in KCET/COMEDK exam.
- BMS College of Engineering – [BMSCE], BANGALORE- College of Engineering (BMSCE) is an autonomous engineering college located in Bangalore, Karnataka. It has 69th ranking among top engineering colleges in India by the NIRF parameters. It has an affiliation with Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. It offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral programs in the popular streams of Engineering, Management, Computer Science, and Architecture. It has a reputation for a high placement rate with an average package between 5-6 LPA, and the top recruiters include Epicor, Wipro, Westline, Volvo, TCS, etc. The admission in the college is merit-base as well as entrance based. It accepts scores of COMEDK UGET for B.E/B.Tech.
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology – [SIT], TUMKUR-Siddaganga Institute of Technology (SIT) was established in 1963 and is a revered technical institute of Karnataka. It is among the 130+ institutions handled by Sri Siddaganga Educational Society. It is among the 14 top engineering colleges in Karnataka as per the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP), a World Bank Project, administered by the Government of Karnataka in the state and is granted Academic Autonomy from the Year 2007-08. The university offers numerous extra-curricular activities, including Football, Hockey, Cricket, Basketball, and quality academics. The admission in the college is through the state entrance examination KCET/KPGCET.
Check out the complete list of engineering colleges in Karnataka here – https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/colleges/b-tech-colleges-karnataka