There are a number of offroaders that you can drive as long as they are street legal. This means that you have to register them at the County Treasurer’s Office or DMV office. In this article, we take a look at some of the offroaders you can drive around when they are street legal. You can talk to a Montana registered agent to help you register these off-roaders and make them off road street legal vehicles.

1.    ATVs

If you have an all-terrain vehicle [ATV], you can register it and make it street legal. Owning a street legal ATV can be very fun. What’s more, they can be customized and they can also travel to several places, including trails, farms, the ocean, neighborhoods, etc.

You can operate your ATV on public streets in Montana as long as you have made it street legal. To register your UTV, it needs to be equipped with a horn, mirror, brake lights, and headlight. Once you have done that, you can ride your ATV without any worry of getting into the wrong side of the law.

2.   Dirt bikes

Dirt bikes are pretty common in Montana and other major cities. People love them because of their flexibility and convenience. If you own a dirt bike and would want to make it street legal, you must also register it. Once you register it, you will be able to drive it anytime, anywhere, without constantly worrying about facing any charges. The process of making dirt bike street legal is quite simple and straightforward. So you don’t have to worry that it will consume much of your time.

To make your dirt bike street legal, you need to start with an application to the County Treasurer’s Office where you submit the details about your dirt bike in the application form. You must also submit proof of ownership before your dirt bike can be registered. Proof of ownership could be invoices of sale or the manufacturer’s certificate. It is also worth mentioning that your dirt must first be inspected, and then the car verifier or Director of Motor Vehicles [DMV] official will sign and authorize the verification form. Once you have all the necessary documents, you will go to the County Treasurer’s Office and pay the registration fees, your dirt bike will then be made street legal, and you can ride it in public places.

3.       UTVs

Utility-travel vehicles, also known as UTVs, are also quite common. However, you cannot just ride them anywhere if they are not street legal, otherwise you could end up paying hefty fines. The street legal UTV is also another off-roader that you can make street legal and drive anywhere. The process of registering your UTV and making it street legal is typically the same as that of an ATV.

4.       Military vehicles

If you own a decommissioned military vehicle, congrats! These vehicles are pretty classy and can be a monster on the roads. But before you think of driving them around, you must first make your military vehicle street legal. You will have to ensure that you have the right documents to register your military car. These include a copy of ID/Passport/Driver’s License, bill of sale, and proof of insurance. Then you will have to ensure that the street legal military vehicle has headlights, reflectors, white license plate lights, mirrors, horn, seat belts, etc. Once you have all of these parts installed, you can drive your military vehicle on the roads.